As most know, one of the best ways to capture the fun times had by your family is through pictures. You think you'll remember events, but there is nothing better than photographs to jog your memory and look back at your vacation with fondness. We at Cruise America are very interested in seeing how your vacation in your sales or rental motorhome went. Our reward is knowing that families all over the nation and Canada are enjoying their Cruise America RV experience.
If you take a trip in one of our quality class C RVs, we would like to see how it went, and so we are hosting a Cruise America photo contest for the year of 2014. Take a bunch of photos on your next Cruise America RV trip and forward them in to us via our website's photo contest page. If your photos are selected and you become one of our winners, we will give you $500.00 to use towards your next Cruise America adventure.
Here are a few helpful photo tips that may come in handy as you travel:
• Include some shots of your family next to the RV … we like to see your smiley face too!
• Captions are always nice to see so we know what we are looking at.
• Have your camera next to you at all times, as you never know when that "Kodak Moment" will occur.
• If your RV is moving, be sure that the photographer is NOT the one driving.
• Include signage in your pictures, such as a price tag on produce at the farmer's market, or interesting businesses you pass by.
• Include people in your photos, preferably of yourself or of local folks rather than tourists.
• Don't be in a big hurry. If there is a lot of action going on at a particular spot, sit and relax and maybe something very noteworthy will occur, such as an animal showing up to the water hole to drink.
• Set up a storyline with your photos. Start by taking a wide-angle shot of, let's say, an antique market. Next, shoot some close-ups of some of the antiques for sale, or someone making a purchase of something of interest.
• Don't always revert to the typical family group shots standing in front of a monument or landmark. Get action shots of your kids fishing, or of your spouse engaged in a game of horseshoes with the travelers in the neighboring RV spot.
• Rather than framing every shot perfectly in the center, be creative. Get shots from different angles, or close ups.
• Shoot the local cuisine as you eat at a restaurant. Try to get a window seat so you don't have to use that pesky flash.
These are just some tips for kicks. Your photos certainly don't have to be professionally done … we want to see your real-life pictures, and the great time you're having in your Cruise America RV.
Comments are closed for this blog post